Our care teams at The Rekai Centres have committed themselves in promoting Palliative Care and Pain Management, during and at the “End of Life” for all our residents. Our Home ensures compassionate support for residents, family members and loved ones from the moment they enter the building.
We have champions, at both Homes, with specific training from the Annual Educational Conference on Palliative Care & End of Life and from Hospice Palliative Care Ontario.
The Rekai Centres:
- provides relief from pain and other distressing symptoms;
- affirms life and regards dying as a normal process;
- intends neither to hasten or postpone death;
- integrates the psychological and spiritual aspects of resident care;
- offers a support system to help residents live as actively as possible until death;
- offers a support system to help the family cope during the resident’s illness and in their own bereavement;
- will enhance quality of life, and may also positively influence the course of illness;
Our professionals and volunteers pride themselves in providing comfort measures to residents at their end of life.