Regular Health Care Services
The following services and products are available to all residents and are included in the monthly fees:
- 24 hour nursing care lead by our Registered Nurses (RNs)/Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) and provided by our qualified Personal Support Workers (PSWs).
- Medical Care available seven days a week.
- Medical supplies necessary for providing nursing care and activities of daily living.
- Personal hygiene items such as :
- Skin care lotion, shampoo, deodorant
- Washcloths and towels
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, hair brushes and combs
- Denture cups and cleaners, toilet tissue, facial tissue
- Razors, shaving cream
- Feminine hygiene products
- Incontinence products
Physicians are available on-call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A physician is assigned to each unit. One day, every other week, the physician does rounds. If a resident requires medical attention when the physician is not in the Home, the Charge Nurse will consult with the on-call physician to respond to the needs of the resident.
Consultations with specialists, hospital and examination visits are arranged as required. It is the responsibility of the family member to arrange with the Charge Nurse the accompaniment for the resident to appointments outside of the Homes. The resident’s attending physician makes referrals for specialist consultations.
We have a number of consulting specialists and programs who provide in home services including the St Michael’s Hospital Psycho-Geriatric team, the Behavioural Support Specialist from Toronto Western Hospital , The Behaviour Support Outreach Team from Baycrest, St. Michael’s Hospital Peritoneal Dialysis Nephrology Team, as well as Optometry and Dermatology